Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 586

Thread: THE Q'S OF DOOM (not really) (returns) (you sickass mofo)

  1. #91
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    do you remember all of your dreams? Do your dreams remember your "actual" life?

    For me both of these answers are usually no.. for all I know right now I could be dreaming of posting.

  2. #92
    Inactive Member Allchimistul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now THAT would be wierd.
    That's right I cant proove that oyher worlds exist, yet. It could all be in your head or it could be real
    - you never know.
    BTW, have you seen "Matrix" ?

  3. #93
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've seen bits and pieces, never the whole thing at once.

    For instance, one night (like a month before the DC came out, I was gonna buy it and I had all my money saved) I dreamt that I spent all those 190 dollars on candy. I woke up and got pissed at myself for spending it all on candy! Well, like 40 seconds later I go.. what the hell? Candy? When was that? And all my money was still there.

    Kinda weird.

  4. #94
    Inactive Member Allchimistul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is something even stranger that happens to me:

    Sometimes I have the feeling that I have dreamt about the place where i am at that moment. I instantly recall the image that i see infront of my eyes.

  5. #95
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I have a high fever I start getting dillusional, its some kind of thing with my brain that I dont fall completely asleep, but I'm not awake either, I've had to go to the hospital twice because I'm dreaming but with my eyes open so it distorts everything. Whenever this happens, unfortunately, its never a good dream. Its the scariest thing, its my own personal curse.

  6. #96
    Inactive Member Allchimistul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't recall of having any nightmares at all.
    In my dreams I allways was the strongest. Nothing could stop me.

  7. #97
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have nightmares all the time.

  8. #98
    Inactive Member Allchimistul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You could change this by changing your view of your worst fears - don't see them as a threat; try to make out of them a challange. Oune that must be overcome. Once you have succeded nothing will stop you.. Belive me, i've tried.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 26, 2002 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Allchimistul ]</font>

  9. #99
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A lot to say here:

    WRT my time-travelling question: Yes, it is possible to fast forwards. You cannot go backwards in time, though - a simple paradox may prove this.

    WRT the parallel worlds question: I don't think they exist, and even if they existed, we don't have any way to prove one thing or the other

    WRT the world of dreams: Dreams are simulations and stories generated by our brains when we are in sleeping mode, while some kind of maintenance is done to our memory records and neuronal links, they exist solely in our heads.

    IRT DR: It has been proved that time passes more slowly for objects moving very fast (relative objects that do not accompany them). This has been proven with atomic clocks set on jet planes - even the relatively low speed of a jet is enough to show it (2 ultra-precise clocks were synchronized, then one of them was carried in the plane that flew for a few hours, when the plane landed its clock had less microseconds accounted)

    IRT Allchimistul: Einstein did not have any revelations, it's that he was so smart he was just weird. For example, he often forgot where did he live (!).

    WRT Matrix and similar theories: I can't think of a single reason why that might be happening, I think it's just a paranoia. But, even if it happened, I don't have any way to know, and I don't feel unhappy because this world and physics are all I know and feel I live in, so I really don't care for things like if this life is real or not (I don't think it's not real, though), or if destiny is already decided or not (I think it might be).

    IRT DR, I have strange experiences with my dreams sometimes, too. Like when I was ill and had a high temperature. I was dreaming of being a King. I woke up at night and I got so pissed because there weren't any guards in my room protecting me.
    Also, in my dreams sometimes I do realize I'm dreaming (often deciding to wake up soon after that).

    Quoting Allchimistul,
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana">There is something even stranger that happens to me:
    Sometimes I have the feeling that I have dreamt about the place where i am at that moment. I instantly recall the image that i see infront of my eyes.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    That happens to me too.

  10. #100
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heres a question: Will Wiseman ever change his sig again?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •